1. Crop you picture into a 100x100 pixel canvas.
2. Duplicate the base and set it to screen 20%
3. Make a new layer and fill it with #063040. Set it to exclusion 75%
4. Make a new layer and fill it with #d3f0fb. Set it to soft light90 %
5. Duplicate the base and drag it to the top. Desaturate and set to colour burn 100%
6. Paste a light grey grunge texture like this. Set it to darken.
7. Duplicate the texture-layer and set it to soft light 100%.
Remember to play around with the opacity of the layers. A tutorial is just a guideline! The result varies from picture to picture!
Other icons made with this effect: